CHANGES TO ALLOW RE-OPENING OF OUR OFFICE:
Since the Ministry of Health has lifted the restrictions on dentistry, we are happy to inform
you that we are now able to once again provide dental care for you and your family!
We are beginning to slowly open back up for care. This will begin with limited hours and
procedures. We will deal with urgent and emergency care before we start with hygiene
scalings and elective, non-urgent procedures. While many things have changed since
then, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
Our office has always followed strict infection control standards and in order to keep us all
protected during this pandemic and in the future, we have updated our protocols. When
we see you at your next appointment, things will be a little different.
• We will need you to fill out some Pre-Appointment Covid-19 Screening Questions two
days before your appointment to ensure patient safety. This is found at; https: //forms.gle/kgzNV5CruSoR8Lf8A . If this is not possible, please call the office 2
days prior to your appointment to complete a verbal version of the Questionnaire with a
• You’ll need to answer an Appointment Day Covid-19 Screening Questionnaire again on
the day of your appointment, preferably online, at https: //forms.gle/Cn86NfYfHcCqgLvk6
or verbally when you’re in the office.
• You will be asked to wait outside of our building or in your car and call us when you arrive
and then wait for a call back to let you know when you can enter the office.
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the clinic. There are
more dispensers around the office for you to use as needed.
• You will be required to wear a mask when coming to the office and while in the office.
• Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or children’s toys since those items are
difficult to fully disinfect.
• Appointments will be spaced out to allow for physical distancing between patients. That
might mean less flexibility for scheduling your appointment, but it will also reduce the
number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
• You may be surprised that we’re wearing more protective gear – such as masks, face
shields, gowns – than we normally do during your visit.
• Austin Air Purification units have been placed in each room in the office. These medical
grade HEPA filters clean the air in each room over 30 times per hour. They remove
99.97% of all particles as small as 0.3 microns and 95% of particles 0.1 microns and
larger, including pet dander, pollen, mold spores, dust mites, bacteria and viruses.
Rest assured, all these procedures are designed to create the safest environment for you,
other patients and our team. We look forward to seeing you again. If you have any
questions, please let us know. We will begin contacting you to setup new and missed
appointments. If you need to reach us, call our office at 905-648- 4881 or email us at
[email protected]om . Thank you for patience and loyalty throughout this ordeal.
We value your trust and look forward to welcoming you back!
Dr. Smillie and Team